St Catherine's receives funding from the Government's Pupi Premium initiative. The funding is calculated based on the number of pupils entitled to Free School Meals over the previous 6 years. There is also an element that relates to the number of children who have been adopted from the LA care.
Pupil Premium funding can be used to support the learning of these pupils in a number of ways. The School has a policy on how the funding will be used.
Eligibility for Free School Meals
The amount of Pupil Premium Grant received by the school relates directly to the number of pupils registered as eligible for Free School Meals. The grant is then used to support these pupils, either directly or indirectly, in a number of different ways as per our Policy Statement. Currently the amount of grant per pupil is £1,300.
In order to check a pupils eligiblity for Free School Meals, we need information about both parents and pupils including evidence that parents are on low income/in receipt of specified income related state benefits. Parents are asked to complete a form providing this information:
Family income and Benefit details
Eligilbility based on low income is decided based on the following criteria:
Family income below £16,190 per year and/or parents are not in receipt of Working Tax Credit
In receipt of one of the following state benefits:
- Income support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support from National Asylum Support Service (NASS) under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit only, provided your annual household income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) does not exceed £16,190.
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for WTC)
- Universal Credit (with no element of Working Tax Credit)
Anyone entitled to Working Tax Credit is not entitled to free meals regardless of income.
Although pupils in KS1 are entitled to Universal Free School Meals, we do ask parents who meet the criteria above to register to enable the school to receive the grant for their child.