We currently have the following vacancy for September 2021:
PE & SPORTS SUPPORT ASSISTANT – TEMPORARY TO JULY 2022 BUT MAY BE EXTENDED
GRADE: WS Grade 3 – SP 3-4
Hours: 25 hrs per week, Term Time Only
Salary: £18562 - £18933 pro rata (£10467- £10676 actual)
Previous experience of working with young people and relevant qualifications are desirable but not essential. May suit an individual with a sports qualification who is looking to enter the education sector.
Main duties and responsibilities
· To support teaching staff in the delivery and monitoring of a coordinated programme of high quality, professional coaching and sporting activities and
· To work with the Sports Coordinator to develop a PE curriculum that is progressive and reflective of the needs of children.
· To support the aim of increasing the participation in PE and school sport by all pupils in line with the Government’s “School Sport and Activity Action Plan”.
· To be a positive role model in order to motivate and encourage children to participate in sport and physical activity.
· To organise and promote Lunchtime sports activities and extra-curricular clubs.
· To organise and attend locality sports events.
St Catherine’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Our recruitment and selection practice reflects this.
This post is subject to satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, ‘Childcare Disqualification Regulations’ and pre-employment medical check. Candidates selected for interview will be expected to bring the completed Shortlisted Candidate Information Form. Candidates will also be expected to bring Proof of Right to Work in the UK and their certificates for any qualifications listed as essential or desirable.
Please contact Mrs Sandy Ward (School Business Manager) on 01903 716039 or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for an application pack. Visits to the School are welcome.
Closing Date: Friday, 17 September 2022
Interviews: W/C 20 September 2022