St Therese's Class - Year 4
This term the topic is going to be: "It's All Greek to Me"
The children will be learning about:
- Ancient Greece
- Play & Myth & Legend writing
- Creating Ancient Greek patterns
In Mathematics, we are aiming for all children in the class to be able to :
- Apply their knowledge of their times tables to division mentally
- Construct line graphs, pictograms and bar charts
- Consolidate written calculation methods
In English, the main areas of focus are as follows :
- Traditional Tales - Myths & legends
- Writing and performing a play
Please encourage your child to read and write at home. Talk to them about their writing habits, encourage them to keep a daily diary or to help you write shopping lists. We want to inspire children and to help them develop positive attitudes towards all kinds of writing.