St Wilfrid's Class - Year 3
This half term the topic is going to be: "Flintstones"
The children will be learning about
- Life during the Stone Age
- Tools that were made and their uses
- The change from nomadic life to a settled existence
In Mathematics, we are aiming for all children in the class to be able to
- Draw information from bar graphs and charts
- Draw their own bar graphs / line graphs and charts
- Perform two-stage operations in number
In English, the main areas of focus are as follows:
- Using historic information in story writing
- use a variety of sentence structures
- Use speech within story writing
Please encourage your child to read and write at home. Talk to them about their writing habits, encourage them to keep a daily diary or to help you write shopping lists. We want to inspire children and to help them develop positive attitudes towards all kinds of writing.