HOME LEARNING DURING THE SCHOOL CLOSURE PERIOD
As from 23 March 2020, St Catherine's is following the Governments instructions to close to the majority of its pupils. Whilst at home, it is important that pupils have access to learning materials and it is suggested that the following be done on a daily basis:
- All pupils should read (additional books have been sent home with each pupil).
- The online Mathletics Programme is available for Year 5 and 6 - https://login.mathletics.com/
- Times Table Rockstars for Year 1 to 4 is available online - https://ttrockstars.com
- Sumdog for year R to 4 is available online -. https://www.sumdog.com/user/sign_in - This now includes access to grammar and spelling.
- White Rose Maths has some useful online videos and problem solving resources to support the pupil’s learning - www.whiterosemaths.com
All pupil logins in are stuck in their reading records but if parent/carers have difficulty in locating them please email the school on email@example.com.
There are many other free online resources available to pupils - some are listed below. It is advised that an adult chooses the activity to ensure that it is age appropriate for their child(ren).
English – Including Reading, Phonics & Writing
- Phonics Play – www.phonicsplay.co.uk
- Teach Your Monster To Read – www.teachyourmonstertoread.com
- Accelerated Reader – Parents please read - http://www.renlearn.co.uk/renaissance-at-home/ - Link for pupils to do quizzes - https://ukhosted78.renlearn.co.uk/2249058/default.aspx
Multiple Subjects including Art, Science, Geography and RE/PSHE
- Twinkl – Go to www.twinkl.co.uk/offerand enter the code UKTWINKLHELPS
- BBC Bitesize – https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize
- Active Sussex - https://mailchi.mp/activesussex/active-sussex-education-enews-a-be-active-at-home-special-edition?e=4e983cf19e
- Top marks- www.topmarks.co.uk
- Jo Wicks has also announced that he will be doing daily live workouts on this Youtube Channel, TheBodyCoachTV” - https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+body+coach+tv
We are looking to parents/carers to support pupils educationally through this period of absence. St Catherine's will keep parents/carers up to date with any developments via Parentmail.
Finally, the Staff of St Catherine’s Catholic Primary School hopes that our school community remains healthy and safe and we all look forward to being reunited once the Government advises us it is safe to resume normal life.
Let us remember each other in our prayers.
Mrs G Askham